Current City Projects
Rich Avenue Reconstruction Project
Neighborhood Information Meeting: May 15, 2018
Project Bid & Award: May 31 / June 4, 2018
2nd Neighborhood Meeting: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 @ 6:00 PM/Howard Miller Community Center, Main Floor Banquet Room, 14 S. Church Street, Zeeland, MI
Begin Construction: Scheduled to begin on July 9, 2018
Project Completion: End of October, 2018
Upcoming Work Schedule (as of 8/1/2018)
- My-Con is installing water main within the current removal limits and estimates about 1 week for the remaining water main work. They will then start services after bacti testing, about two weeks out. A solid week of water service work is anticipated.
- My-Con will start the storm sewer installation at the end of next week while the water main testing is ongoing.
- Sanitary sewer from Wall Street to 200' east of Wall Street will be installed next week while the water main testing is ongoing.
- Retaining wall work and road building should start in about two weeks.
- Conduit for Zeeland BPW electric work will be placed when road building starts, approximately three weeks out.
I-196 BL/M-121 Intersection Reconstruction & Realignment
For information on this MDOT project, please click here. As updates are received from MDOT they will be posted here.
July 13, 2018 Update
Work continues on the temporary signal at I-196 BL & 84th as well as the new signal at Adams St & the I-196 westbound off ramp. Signal work is planned to be completed by July 20th.
Starting Monday, July 16th work will being on the temporary crossovers and widening along I-196 BL. A lane closure will be in place for this work on westbound from the intersection of Main St. & I-196 BL west towards 88th/Fairview. Nightly lane closures on eastbound I-196 BL will be from 7:00 pm – 6:00 am.
July 19, 2018 Update
On Monday, July 23rd, the I-196 westbound off ramp to I-196 BL (Exit 55), will be shut down for a period of approximately 21 days for reconstruction work. Traffic will be detoured west to Adams Street exit and back to I-196 eastbound. A new signal will be active at the I-196 westbound off ramp at Adams Street at that time.
Also starting on Monday, the northbound 84th to westbound I-196 BL movement will not be allowed while temporary widening is being constructed in the median. Traffic will be directed down Homestead Drive to Main Avenue to get on westbound I-196 BL. Traffic will still be allowed to head south on 84th from I-196 BL and head east out of 84th.
Washington Avenue Reconstruction Project & Proposed Roundabout
Transportation Study Implementation Matrix